Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jon Will Give You Cancer and Can Turn Into a Car

Ok so I wasn't going to make a blog post until MadWorld was out and I could review it proper but Goddamnit, I can't stop watching this video and I have to share it with the world. It's a flash animation of what Watchmen would be like if it were a Saturday morning cartoon in the 80's, and it is so well done that everytime I watch it it gets better.

I saw Watchemn in costume at the IMAX in Denver and it kicked ass. I was actually really impressed but I do certainly have my grievances, but they are mostly minor ones. I saw it again with my dad, and the intro and the part with Dr. Manhattan on Mars only got better. I love those scenes, well done Snyder. Well done everybody. I think the biggest thing I can knock against the movie was Niteowl, and while the actor was dead fucking on and I love him for it, Niteowl is my favorite character and they fucked a couple things up. The first being his suit. I know the old one is pretty dated you guys but Niteowl isn't supposed to look that cool, he is supposed to look competent and adorable in his old age. He doesn't even really have a paunch in the movie! That is the best part. Also the part at the end where he smacks Veidt around is just stupid, and probably the biggest thing I didn't like.

Niteowl is my favorite character, hands down, and I love him so much I actually thing I'm going to make a little statue of him out of Sculpey. Which I will post here of course. Dunno when that'll be. Also I am doing stone carving in my 3D design class and I've grown quite attached to my rock, so expect full details and pictures in a couple weeks.

In other news, Mike Doughty has a blog and that makes me happy.

Stay posted for the Madworld review and also other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment